My Name Is Seepeetza by Shirley Sterling. More By and About This Author. Good for all ages, but even better because it can be read as a class.

She wrote My Name Is Seepeetza, which is based on her own childhood experiences at an Indian residential school.

My Name is Seepeetza by Shirley Sterling is an engaging diary following 12-year-old Seepeetza’s life growing up at a residential school and at home in the 1950’s - a life full of injustice and hatred towards her and other Indians. Her name was Seepeetza when she was at home with her family. My Name is Seepeetza Shirley Sterling, Author Groundwood Books $14.95 (126p) ISBN 978-0-88899-290-1. She was born on the Joyaska Indian Reserve, (just like Seepeetza in the book) in 1948 and was at the age of 6 taken to a residential school. Shirley Sterling was a member of the Interior Salish Nation of British Columbia. She was born on the Joyaska Indian Reserve, (just like Seepeetza in the book) in 1948 and was at the age of 6 taken to a residential school. Always, thoughts of home make her school life bearable.

Life at the school is not easy, but Seepeetza still manages to find some bright spots. Toronto, ON: Groundwood Books/House of Ananasi Press.Why the book was chosenI chose My Name is Seepeetza a while ago. Agree Disagree 5) It doesn’t matter how others spell your name Agree Disagree 6) Changing your name is … OTHER BOOKS. At only 126 pages, My Name is Seepeetza is short enough that I refused to abandon it, but getting through it was a struggle that took almost a year. Acclaimed in both Canada and the United States, the book has won the Sheila A. Egoff Children's Literature Prize. On the cover was an old photo with an excerptfrom the diary. Bibliographic information . That photo is what caught my eye and is the main reason I chose t Book Review My Name is Seepeetza Sterling, S. (1992).

Born in Merritt, B.C., Shirley was a member of the Interior Salish Nation of British Columbia. But now that she's living at the Indian residential school her name is Martha Stone, and everything else about her life has changed as well. Although this story provides the reader with a glimpse of life in the residential schools, I did not feel it exposed the This book is in a recommended reading list for Aboriginal Resources for young people. My name is seepeetza Great look into the life's of children in residential school. :, Toronto Public Library My Name Is Seepeetza is based on her own childhood experiences at an … Agree Disagree 3) Your name is the first gift your parents give you. But now that she's living at the Indian residential school her name is Martha Stone, and everything else about her life has changed as well. Her name was Seepeetza when she was at home with her family.

My Name is Seepeetza by Shirley Sterling is an engaging diary following 12-year-old Seepeetza’s life growing up at a residential school and at home in the 1950’s - a life full of injustice and hatred towards her and other Indians. She also won the Laura Steiman Award for Children's Literature. Good way to … Agree Disagree 4) Your name partly determines your personality. She wrote My Name Is Seepeetza, which is based on her own childhood experiences at an Indian residential school. My name is Seepeetza, Shirley Sterling.

My Name Is Seepeetza Shirley Sterling At six years old, Seepeetza is taken from her happy family life on Joyaska Ranch to live as a boarder at the Kalamak Indian Residential School. "My Name is Seepeetza" is a work of fiction, but it is based on Shirley Sterling's experiences as a young girl in residential school. She also won the Laura Steiman Award for Children's Literature. My Name is Seepeetza. 2) People should be able to choose their given name.

0888991657 (pbk.) “My Name Is Seepeetza” is based on the author Shirley Sterling’s life.

Shirley Sterling was a member of the Interior Salish Nation of British Columbia. “My Name Is Seepeetza” is based on the author Shirley Sterling’s life. [Shirley Sterling] -- Seepeetza, an Indian girl from the Salish Nation, struggles with the strict life of an Indian residential school.

How To Write A Summary Essay, Rita Skeeter Actress, Deep Metaphors About Love, Proofreading Marks Ap Style, How To Compare Biodiversity, Teamwork Definition By Authors, Concept Of Social Science, Quotes About Helping Others Through Hard Times, Kali Puja Video, Causes Of Industrialization In America, Phrases For Advantages And Disadvantages Essay, Theme Of Frankenstein, Canadian Senators Group, Bucket List For You And Your Boyfriend, Genre Of Poetry, Funny Quotes From Hamlet, Media Dissertation Examples, Cool Words Of Wisdom, Apa Citation Multiple Authors Alphabetical Order, Vacation Thesis Statement, What Is Extended Essay, What Is Research Motivation, Arthur Prince Of Wales Death, Colton Underwood Book Amazon, Technical Report Example, Social Work Case Study Domestic Violence, Printing Paper Argos, Public Health Conference 2020, Importance Of Imagination Ppt, Danuel Pipoly Net Worth, Start Of Child Labor, Speech On Mother, Fahrenheit 451 Page Finder, About Myself Paragraph, Diagnostic Justification Example, Social Control Examples, Project Management Theory, Movie Journal App, Informal Letter Writing Topics, Short-term And Long-term Goals In Consulting, Mathieu Flamini Number, International Poetry Competitions, History Of Philosophy Pdf, How Does Philosophy Benefit Society, Who Are The Losers Of Globalization, Character Perspective Anchor Chart, How To Write An Essay High School Pdf, News Articles About Perseverance, "introduction To American Politics" Syllabus, Lamb To The Slaughter Quotes Quizlet, Quotes From Minny In The Help, Nursing Research Ncbi, True Or False Questions About Me, Ib English Hl Essay Questions, Biology Dissertation Examples, History: Fiction Or Science?, Cornell Transfer Essay Example, Controversial Topics In Film Industry, Panoramic Photography Tips, History Literature Review Example, Research Writer Salary, Ellis Marsalis Wife, National Book Award 2017, Importance Of Service, Michael Oher 2020 Wife, Bri Reads Pigeon, Outgrabe Definition Jabberwocky, Psychology And Sociology Personal Statement, Nature Vs Nurture Frankenstein Prezi, Postal Rule Cases, Literature Review Plan, How Is The Gre Scored, Harvard Referencing Guide Pdf, Feature Writing Examples, Organizing A Paragraph Quiz, Importance Of Teamwork Essays, Graphic Designer Story, Describe Your Personality Essay, Book Awards 2020, Future Of Resumes, Ring Around The Sun, Describe A Movie Which Made A Strong Impression On You, Design In Architecture, Marketing Director Bio, Crash Course Biology Transcript, Word And Character Count, Debating In The Workplace, The Great Courses Plus App, Obesity Topics For Research Paper, Social Policy Dissertation Topics, Most Offensive South Park Episodes Reddit, David Ferrucci Google Scholar, Writing Science In Plain English Filetype Pdf, Charlotte's Web 1st Grade Activities, Ucf Essay Help, Funny Essay About Myself, Critiquing Modernism Architecture, Progress And Poverty Summary,